The market size for global automation testing is anticipated to reach at USD 26 billion by 2025. The integration of developed technologies including the Internet of Things (IoT), DevOps, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) into the industrial processes is encouraging businesses to choose automation solutions in their operations. Automation testing encompasses various type of testing, including dynamic and static, which are helpful in automating testing scripts by frequently running them during testing. The static automation testing can be adopted in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) when the code is not logically finished.
Test automation uses special software for different software testing procedures. With the help of these software, the repetitive tasks can be automated in a formalized method, or can even execute additional testing that is difficult to perform manually. The growing digital transformation has further fueled the adoption of software testing & quality assurance throughout the enterprises, thus, driving the growth of automation testing industry globally. The industry has gained massive interest from the key IT organizations in the past few years, leading to significant investments for the advancement of the latest quality assurance & software testing solutions.
Key Segments of the Global Automation Testing Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Testing type
- Advisory & Consulting Services
- Planning & Development Services
- Implementation Services
- Managed Services
Endpoint Interface Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Endpoint Interface Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Defense & Aerospace
- Logistics & Transportation
- Telecom & IT
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global automation testing market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global automation testing market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the automation testing industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, endpoint interface, and vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global automation testing market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the automation testing market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global automation testing market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global automation testing market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Growing digitization across enterprises is one of the key factor responsible for a high demand of automation testing in recent years. As enterprises are switching from a conventional business model to modern digital channels, the demand to validate integrity and authorize business methods also arises. To tackle this challenge, enterprises are seeking for dynamic ways to test their systems and processes. Additionally, as the rivalry among the industry players is growing and the information is easily accessible to the users, consumers are becoming more empowered. The growing demand for agile testing is likely to fuel the industry demand. Enterprises have started focusing more on QA, which can be gained by the implementation of agile solutions. On the other hand, unavailability and high expenses associated with the automation testing tools are likely to hinder the adoption of automation testing solutions.
Based on the type segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are testing type, and services. In 2019, the testing type segment is further classified into static, and dynamic testing. The dynamic testing ensures proper functioning of the software after or during its installation to enable a stable application without any major errors. The software testers use two different techniques to perform the dynamic testing process which includes functional and non-functional testing.
Endpoint Interface Segment
Based on the endpoint interface, the market is segmented into web, mobile, and desktop. The market for desktop is anticipated to possess a significant market share in 2019 since enterprises today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. It provides enhanced quality software so that a great number of test can be run in reduced time with lesser resources. Other benefits of automation testing includes transparency, time-saving, and effectiveness, is likely to drive the demand for the automation testing industry.
Based on the vertical segment, the market is classified into BFSI, manufacturing, defense & aerospace, retail, logistics & transportation, telecom & IT, healthcare & life sciences, automotive, and others. The market for BFSI is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the finance companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the growing regulatory scrutiny coupled with enhanced customer satisfaction, as well as advantages incorporation of advanced technologies such as IoT, big data, and AI into the business operations are some of the factors responsible for the automation testing demand.
The global automation testing market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the automation testing applications, owing to an outsized presence of organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the automation testing market in North America.
The major players of the global automation testing market are IBM, Keysight, Micro Focus, Capgemini, Microsoft, Tricentis, CA Technologies, SmartBear Software, Parasoft, Ranorex, Eggplant, Sauce Labs, Applitools, Cigniti Technologies, AFour Technologies, Invensis Technologies, and more. The automation testing market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.