The global Adhesives & Sealants market accounted for a market revenue of USD 61 billion in the year 2019 and is projected to further grow at a CAGR of more than 4% over the foreseeable future. Increasing penetration of lightweight cars that save fuel and reduce emissions have powered the world's high-performance adhesive sales. These adhesives are used for various automotive uses, both indoors and outdoors. Of example, the replacement of nuts and bolts will reduce weight and therefore improve vehicles fuel efficiency. It is expected to replace conventional welding and other methods of mechanical attachment by improved adhesives with superior attachment capacities.
The adhesives and dressing materials are used mainly in the tiling industry. Thus, fast-paced building growth is expected to generate growth opportunities in the near future, in particular in emerging economies such as India and China. The industry is expected to be motivated to incorporate bio-based adhesives in the strict regulations imposed by environmental authorities concerning the use of high-volatile organic compounds (VOC). Therefore, manufacturers pursue various strategic strategies, such as intensive research and development programs to produce sustainable products.
Key segments across Adhesives & Sealants market
- Technology Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Hot Melt
- Applications Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Pressure Sensitive Applications
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Adhesives & Sealants. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how glass industry investments and Adhesives & Sealants will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Adhesives & Sealants includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of Technology and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Adhesives & Sealants. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Adhesives & Sealants.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in global Adhesives & Sealants.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Crude oil and petrochemicals are the main raw materials used in the production of adhesives. In recent years, high prices of such products have impacted the competitiveness of the participants and is likely to have a direct effect in the near future on the development of the demand for adhesives and seals. The adhesive market was dominated by water based technology. They are projected to reduce VOC emissions and increase understanding of the environment and to promote segment development in the coming years through stringent regulations.
The global market is segmented into Water-Based, Solvent-Based, Hot Melt, Reactive & Others. The adhesives market, with over 40% of the revenue in 2019, was dominated by water-based technology. Water is used for the purpose of this technology as a medium for carrying or diluting and may be evaporated or absorbed into the liquid. Therefore, they will reduce emissions of VOC and encourage the growth of a segment in the coming years with increased environmental awareness and strict regulations.
On the Applications, the market is bifurcated into Pressure Sensitive Applications, Construction, Furniture, Automotive, textile industry, others. Automotive dominated the global Adhesives & Sealants application market and is anticipated to show similar trend over the forecast period. Asia Pacific will be the major destination for the increasing sales of Adhesives & Sealants in the furniture industry because majority of the world furniture products are produced in this region such.
In terms of region the global Adhesives & Sealants market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, and Middle East and Africa. Asia Pacific accounted for a major market share more than 38% as of 2019 and is projected to show similar trend over the forecast period. India and China are the key countries responsible for the growth of Adhesives & Sealants in this region. Europe is also projected to show optimistic growth over the forecast period. However, continuous R&D in this region is producing new application of Adhesives & Sealants.
Global leaders in this market include 3M Company, Ashland Inc., Avery Dennison Corporation, BASF, Beardow & Adams (Adhesives) Ltd, Bostik SA, Dow Chemical Company, Eastman Chemical Company, Ellsworth Adhesives, H.B Fuller Company, Henkel AG & Co., Momentive Specialty Chemical Inc