Activated alumina is a material that is obtained by the elimination of hydroxyl group ion from the aluminum hydroxide. The compound is used as a catalyst, desiccant along with the filtration of arsenic, fluoride, and selenium from the drinking water. It comprises a high surface area to weight ratio on account of its pore structure that reduces the abrasion and effect of thermal shock, and further doesn’t soften, shrink, or swell when positioned in the water.
Growing demand for purified water along with the rising utilization of the product across plastics industry is driving the industry size. Its capability to remove fluoride and other impurities from water to suffice the clean water requirement for different manufacturing process is augmenting the product demand. Furthermore, increasing government regulations to treat effluents and the adoption of standard water cleaning techniques to produce impurity-free product is positively influencing the product adoption.
The Activated Alumina market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% over the forecast timeframe. The rising application scope for multiple industrial vertical such as reaction catalyst, liquid and gas dehydration, and biomaterial is stimulating the industry upsurge. Increasing research and development activities across the healthcare sector for dental and bone implant surgeries along with growing utilization across pharmaceuticals for cleaning and treatment process is boosting the product demand.
Key segments across Activated Alumina market
- Application Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and tons)
- Fluoride Adsorbent
- Bio Ceramics
- End Use Industry Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and tons)
- Oil & Gas
- Water Treatment
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and tons)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Activated Alumina industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across chemical and material industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Activated Alumina includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of application, and end use. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Activated Alumina industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Activated Alumina industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Activated Alumina industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Activated Alumina possess the capability to adsorb harmful impurities and pollutants in wastewater and aquifers. It removes various contaminants and adsorb metals including copper, fluoride, lead, and arsenic, along with other heavy metals. The product is witnessing wide scale adoption across multiple manufacturing facilities, as it has the ability to absorb moisture and pollutants, thereby maintaining a contamination free workplace, and improving labor productivity and equipment longevity. In addition, its steady upsurge in the demand from petroleum and plastic industry is anticipated to complement the industry growth in the coming years.
Increasing utilization of activated alumina for the purification of lithium compounds along with rising capabilities across the healthcare industry to purify the raw materials is fueling the product adoption. Although, rising penetration of other purification material is anticipated to hamper the industry growth. However, growing innovation activities to enhance the capabilities of the activated alumina is poised to reinforce the business outlook.
On the basis of the application segment, the market is categorized into desiccant, fluoride adsorbent, bio ceramics, catalyst, and others. The fluoride adsorbent segment is analyzed to hold a significant share across the segment in 2018 and catalyst is projected to observe substantial CAGR in the coming years.
End Use Industry Segment
Activated Alumina market is segmented into oil & gas, water treatment, healthcare, plastics, and others on the basis of end use industry. In 2018, oil & gas accounted for a considerable contributor in revenue and healthcare segment is anticipated to witness extensive growth over the forecast timeline.
In 2018, Asia Pacific is accounted to hold a major share across the regions and a similar trend is anticipated to follow over the forecast timeframe. Rising population along with increasing demand for clean water for drinking and other purposes is escalating the industry size. Positive government norms to adopt water purification mandates along with the rising establishment of manufacturing facilities, which utilize clean aqueous solution is expected to catapult the business landscape.
The leading players operating across the global Activated Alumina market include Honeywell International Inc., BASF SE, Porocel Industries LLC, Sumitomo Chemical Co., AGC Chemicals Pvt. Ltd., Axens SA, and Shandong Zhongxin New Material Technology Co., Ltd., including others. The market for Activated Alumina is consolidated with established global players and is further witnessing the emergence of new companies. Moreover, the industry players are targeting toward enhancing their market share through implementation of merger & acquisition, collaborations growth strategies.