Abrasives are the materials used for cleaning, polishing, and grinding the surface. It helps in providing surface finish and appropriate shape to the material. Abrasives are composed of mineral like types which comprise of different shape and sizes. The abrasive materials are manufactured from of two types of materials, including natural abrasives and synthetic abrasives. The natural abrasives include diamond, garnet, corundum, pumice, and emery, whereas synthetic material comprise synthetic diamond, alumina, and silicon carbide. The abrasives material is deployed for cleaning purpose depending on the characteristics of an abrasive material and surface.
Bonded abrasives are adhered to a matrix through a binder. Abrasives are composed of rubber, resin or glass, clay, and the abrasives are attached to a backing material, including cloth, paper, polyester, metal or resin. These materials are used across multiple industries including metal fabrication, transportation, electronic equipment, and machinery. It is used for tumbling metal cleaning, media, grinding, tool sharpening, and cutting wheels along with high-end industrial application such as paint stripping, de-burring, and blast cleaning.
Rising abrasives demand from the automobile industry is proliferating the industry growth. Increasing income level leading to growing adoption along with extensive promotion of electric vehicle is augmenting the product demand. It plays a critical role in manufacturing automobile tools and components to modify operating parameters including limiting the carbon emission, along with reducing the noise levels. Furthermore, the growing adoption of high priced vehicle which comprises of high quality material, which is attained through improved abrasive material is stimulating the industry growth.
Key segments across Abrasives market
- Material Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and kilotons)
- End Use Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and kilotons)
- Metal Fabrication
- Electrical & Electronics
- Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and kilotons)
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and kilotons)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Abrasives industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across the industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Abrasives includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of material, end use and type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Abrasives industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Abrasives industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Abrasives industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Ongoing development across the construction sector along with rising industrialization is driving the industry upsurge. Ongoing establishment of commercial complexes, apartments which require a high finish over the window, walls, and doors is augmenting the product demand. Furthermore, ongoing evolution across the manufacturing sector has compelled industry players to improve the precision tooling, and high strength material, which is used to manufacture smaller components in turn is stimulating the business landscape.
The rising demand for the consumer goods comprising high quality material and improved surface finish is escalating the product demand. Although, stringent regulations related to the utilization of abrasive material along with volatility associated with the price of the material is hampering the industry growth. However, increasing focus toward developing improved material with improved capabilities and reduced cost id complementing the business outlook.
On the basis of the material segment, the market is categorized into natural and synthetic segment. Synthetic abrasives dominate the global abrasives market in 2018 and natural abrasives is anticipated to gain significant growth for the forecast period 2019-2025.
End Use Segment
Abrasives market is segmented into electrical & electronics, automotive, machinery, metal fabrication, and others on the basis of end use. In this segment, automotive segment is anticipated to hold a major share in the coming years.
Based on type, the segment is divided into superabrasive, bonded, coated, and others. The bonded segment is analyzed to hold a significant share across the regions over the forecast timeline.
Asia Pacific accounted for the major regional share and is expected to follow a similar trend in the coming years. The ongoing proliferation across various industries including automotive, electronics, and metal fabrication, is stimulating the regional share. Further rising suburban migration leading to robust demand for flat and apartments along with the ongoing establishment of corporate offices and commercial complexes is boosting the product demand.
The major players operating across the global Abrasives market include Robert Bosch, 3M, DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Fujimi Incorporated, Henkel, Tyrolit Group, Asahi Diamond Industrial Co., Ltd., and Deerfos Co., Ltd, including others. The industry for abrasives is integrated with the participation of established global players across the globe. In addition, these companies are focusing on expanding their footprint through implementation of inorganic as well as organic strategies which in turn is proliferating the business outlook.