The 5G infrastructures include spectrum, Macro-network, small cell, and other network domains. The 5G infrastructure market is witnessing significant investment from MNOs to increase their wireless network capabilities. These new capabilities will allow network operators to support increased traffic. To improve transmission, mobile operators will significantly adopt large-scale fiberization to help networks meet capacity and latency requirements for 5G. Furthermore, fiberization is expected to play a key role in supporting small-cell deployment in urban areas.
Deployment of 5G is expected to enhance the mobile network to interconnect people, machines, and devices. It is capable of delivering a high-performance level and increased efficiency that will allow enhanced user experiences and connect new industries. Some of the benefits of 5G are multi-Gbps peak rates, ultra-low latency, huge capacity, and more uniform user experience.
The global 5G infrastructure market size is anticipated to reach over USD 48,000 million by 2025. This can be attributed to the growing investments in 5G infrastructure along with increasing demand for high speed and reliable data. In addition, the exponential growth of connected devices such as smartphones is creating a need for advanced network capabilities. Deployment of 5G will provide enhanced network services to fulfill these demands.
Furthermore, increasing supportive government regulations & policies to implement 5G and other initiatives such as smart cities are also the key factors driving the growth of the overall 5G infrastructure market. For example, China, India, Japan, the U.S. and other countries in various regions are investing in 5G infrastructure technology to support smart city initiatives.
Key Segments of the Global 5G infrastructure
5G Infrastructure Market by infrastructure, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- Small Cell
- Macro Cell
- Radio Access Network
- Distributed Antenna Network
5G Infrastructure Market by Network Architecture, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
5G Infrastructure Market by Application, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- Public Infrastructure
- Energy & Utilities
- Consumer Electronics
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global 5G infrastructure. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how transmission & distribution (T&D) investments and 5G infrastructure will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global 5G infrastructure includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the substation industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global 5G infrastructure. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing substation Applications or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global 5G infrastructure.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in global 5G infrastructure.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The current and future 5G infrastructure investment trends will drive the overall attractiveness of the market. Top impacting factors highlight the 5G infrastructure market opportunities during the forecast period. Factors such as growing use of connected devices especially in automobiles and significant deployment of IoT are the major factor driving the market growth for 5G infrastructure. In addition, increasing supportive government regulations & policies and growing demand for 5G use cases will boost the investment in 5G infrastructure. However, privacy & security concerns related to 5G infrastructure is the major factor hindering the 5G infrastructure market growth. It is expected that increasing smart city projects and government initiatives will provide major growth opportunities for the market in the upcoming years. Various major players operating in the market are investing heavily in the 5G infrastructure. Also, rising dependence on electronic equipment such as mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and others is propelling the growth of the 5G infrastructure for enhanced and reliable network.
On the basis of infrastructure, the market is categorized into small cell, macro cell, radio access network and distributed antenna network. The small cell segment will dominate the overall 5G infrastructure market with ~41% share in 2019 and is expected to maintain its dominance over the forecast period 2020 -2025.
Network Architecture Segment
On the basis of network architecture, the market is bifurcated into standalone and non-standalone. In 2019, the market for non-standalone 5G infrastructure has the largest market share and continue to dominate the market during the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the market is segmented automotive, public infrastructure, healthcare, energy & utilities, industrial, consumer electronics, and others. The automotive and industrial applications are expected to have a significant growth rate during the forecast period.
Based on the region, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa and South America. The Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the global 5G infrastructure market over the forecast period 2020–2025. The growth of the region is mainly attributed to growth initiatives and government support for developing 5G infrastructure. In addition, the growing development of smart cities and the implementation of connected devices is also anticipated to fuel the market growth in this region.
The major players of the global 5G infrastructure market are Huawei, Ericsson, Nokia Networks, CommScope, Samsung, NEC, Verizon, and AT&T. Moreover, the other potential players in the 5G infrastructure market are Rogers Communication, Belden, and Fujikura.co. As of 2019, the market for the 5G infrastructure is consolidated with the presence of established global and domestic players across the globe. Moreover, the established companies are coming up with new strategies for 5G infrastructure to enhance their network capabilities. For instance, in January 2019, Samsung acquired TeleWorld Solutions, to help build 5G infrastructure.